I think that it is a good idea to reflect on who you are on a regular basis. When people ask you the standard small talk questions, it's important to have interesting answers. Parts of my life have been so focused on meeting career objectives and on other people's needs that I sometimes forget my own. A year ago when people would asked me what my hobbies were I had a tough time answering. It bugged me. Well, this past year has forced me into a time of introspection, and I have had the time to think about what I enjoy and who I want to be. Below is one tool to start asking yourself these questions, and you can visualize the answers afterwards and see if the whole picture of you is what you want it to be. The best part is that you can choose to change your answers because the only person that you can change is you.
Ask yourself these questions:
1. What is your first name or favorite nickname? -- lindsay
2. What is your favorite thing to taste? -- a la mode
3. What is your favorite color? -- sky blue
4. What is your style? -- colorful retro
5. What is your favorite place? -- hotel san jose
6. What is your favorite hobby? -- learning
7. What do you want to be when you grow up? -- creative (with pay)
8. What is one word to describe you? -- openminded
9. What is something you really love? -- big family
a. Type your answer to each of the questions into Flickr Search
b. Using only the first search page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into Mosaic Maker
d. Change rows to 3 and columns to 3.
e. Save the image.
f. BONUS PTS - Click the quote cloud at the top of this post. Leave a comment with a link to your image.
photo credits: 1. super8, 2. Mile-High Apple Pie (2), 3. Praia da Princesa, Algodoal-PA (EXPLORED), 4. Self portrait, retro look II, 5. Pacific Hotel, 6. Feet Too Fast (à la Mission Impossible), 7. Viability~, 8. openminded, 9. BigFam